Directions for use:
Add 1-2 TBSP of herbal blend into cloth bag provided, tie over faucet when filling the bathtub or sitz bath deep enough to soak your perineum, and let water flow over the herbs and infuse the bath water.
Alternatively, you can steep the tea in hot water and then transfer into the Upside Down Peri Bottle when it has reached room temperature. You can then spray onto the perineum.
Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) *certified organic
- Hemostatic - Yarrow has astringent qualities that help reduce swelling and stop bleeding
- Tones and stimulates veins - Great for engorged or varicose veins.
Calendula (Calendula officinalis) *certified organic
- Anti-septic —> due to these effects, the external use of calendula helps keep wounds clean and support the growth of new tissue. Helps facilitate the healing of slow to heal wounds and ones with signs such as redness, tenderness, and localized inflammation
Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) *certified organic
- Anti-inflammatory - well documented effect in soothing anal or vulval inflammation.
- Also used for their antiseptic, pain and relieving properties.
- Well known herb to help induce relaxation, perfect for new moms
Plantain (Plantago asiatica)
- Sooth irritated tissue
- Speeds up the healing of wounds and sores
Agrimony (Agrimonia pilosa)
- Considered to be a ‘cooling’ Astringent, useful for hot inflammatory conditions.
- Ancient use for healing wounds and stopping bleeding. Agrimony contains high levels of silica, which increases the herbs effect in healing wounds and reducing recovery time.
Sophora (Sophora flavescens)
- Reduce localized heat
Rose Flowers (Rosa rugosa) *certified organic
- Invigorating effect used to improve local blood circulation
- Astringent effect helping to stop bleeding and assist in speeding up wound recovery
- Topically used to sooth vaginal itching.
- Ancient Chinese use to move stagnancy and invigorate the mood.