why belly wrap?
- Supports your pelvis as well as the tissues in your abdominal wall
- Provides comfort and support (especially after cesarean births)
- Help to heal diastasis recti when done in combination with the Core Confidence Program
- Encourages re-alignment of the rectus muscles (your '6 pack')
- Keeps your birthing body warm (aka the tradition of 'mother roasting')
- Guides your postpartum body into restorative posture and alignment
- Supports your uterus in its return to its normal size (involution)
- Improves circulation
- Encourages rest!
during your pregnancy
By ordering the Ab System during pregnancy you'll get immediate access to the Core Confidence program to help you prepare for birth.
Have your Ab Wrap on hand for immediate postpartum support.
after the birth
The wrap has been designed to be worn immediately postpartum up to around 8 weeks (or until you have restored the ability to generate tension in your abdominal wall).
Continue to use the Core Confidence program to support your pelvic floor and abdominal wall.
how to use the ab wrap
This video will guide you through placing the Ab Wrap comfortably and effectively.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions at all!
The wrap was designed to be worn immediately postpartum up to around 8 weeks
...or until you have restored the ability to generate tension in your abdominal wall. A pelvic floor physiotherapist can be an essential part of your recovery and will help determine this.
You MUST wrap from the bottom up. (See the video below)
Wrapping from top down will increase pressure on the uterus and pelvic organs causing a downward descent (prolapse)
You are aiming for a light compression (gentle hug) and allow for involution of the uterus.
Too much compression will increase IAP (intra abdominal pressure) and compromise the pelvic floor.
Belly wrapping alone is not enough!
You should do the appropriate exercises to restore the core from the inside out. Better yet, we recommend you do the Core Confidence exercises while you are still pregnant to help prepare your core for birth.
Although designed for postpartum, the Ab Wrap can be used during pregnancy. We recommend the use of the Ab Wrap for pregnant folks who have challenges with core and pelvic control in pregnancy, or those who may be experiencing pain in the pelvic joint.
How to wear the Ab Wrap during pregnancy:
The wrap should be worn lower during pregnancy so it lifts the belly, wrapping around the top of the pelvis and under the belly. Similar to wearing postpartum, you want to feel support (like a gentle hug), but avoid wearing the wrap too tight.
Please note, because the Ab Wrap is designed for postpartum when you are not moving around a lot, in pregnancy it is better suited for shorter stints of added support needed. If you are looking for more of an everyday use pregnancy support, please see The Bellies Band. The Bellies Band can be purchased separately or as part of the Total Support Kit with the Ab Wrap.
Listen to your body or check in with your care provider to see what is best for you—whether that is using the Ab Wrap during pregnancy, postpartum or a combination of both!
The Ab Tank is designed to fit underneath the bust to allow for easy breastfeeding / feeding from the body. We've made it extra long so that it fits over the newly postpartum belly and doesn’t ride up.
- Wear alone, or combine with the Ab Wrap during recovery
- For the first week or so after your cesarean, this tank is the perfect support over your incision. Add the Ab Wrap in the second week or so.
- Very breast/chest feeding friendly. It's low cut allows for easy access to feed - or just have some skin-to-skin cuddles!
- Continue to wear as a comfortable layering piece with gentle shaping features.
- For many the Ab Tank becomes an on-going layering piece due to its comfort, and gentle shaping features.